Thursday, April 9, 2009

More random thoughts...

Wow!  I didn't realize it had been a month since my last post!  Anyhow, I quite like the random post concept because it gives me the freedom to write without having to come up with a coherent train of thought.  ;-)  So here goes...

1) India has just finished a victorious tour of New Zealand where they won the ODI and Test series against the Kiwis for the first time in 41 years.  And at the end of it all, I was partly disappointed and partly happy to see the Indian captain, MS Dhoni, being criticised for his conservative gameplan in the last match.  Disappointed, because people seem to forget where we are coming from.  Just a few years ago, the Indian team were struggling to be competitive on overseas tours so please give them some credit for reversing decades of incompetence.  Happy because it shows the insatiable appetite of Indians for success.  We have the largest cricket-playing population in the world, and damn it, we ought to be darn good at it!  So here's to hoping Dhoni & Co. keep up the good work and lead India towards becoming a powerhouse for the next decade.

2) I just read that GM and Segway were planning to come out with a two-wheel electric-driven PUMA (you have to google this to find out the full form!  ;-)).  My first thought was where the hell were people supposed to drive this thing?  Interesting concept, and I certainly appreciate the intention of being environmentally friendly, but I just don't see how it will work out positively.  For starters, GM wants cities to build dedicated lanes for people driving PUMAs, something that bikers have been trying to get done for years without success!  Too much hassle involved and I don't think there's a profit in it here for the cities so I'm quite confident this is just a passing fad!  Sadly...but GM has got to focus on its cars and make those environmentally friendly instead of trying to get people to adopt a totally new way of transport!

3) Chelsea = Awesome!  Never in my wildest dreams did I expect a free-flowing, attacking game from both sides in a Chelsea-Liverpool clash.  What transpired was a treat to football in general, and to Chelsea fans in particular.  Now, if they could only play like that every time out!  Everything looks set for a potentially mouth-watering semi-final clash between Chelsea and Barca.  That should be the final...it's a damn shame it will not be!  Anyway, for Barca fans, remember the last time a near-invincible Barca team (led by Ronnie the rabbit) came up against Chelsea?  Yeah, it's gonna be wild!


1 comment:

Super Babe said...

They actually showed a segment on the PUMA yesterday on CNN... it looks cool... I do agree with you that it would be difficult to get that lane, especially when there are bike lanes that aren't there yet! I can't wait to have a job so that we can get our hybrid car! :)