Thursday, March 5, 2009

Random thoughts...

I can't seem to bring myself to write about one particular topic at length. Perhaps the current generation's ADD problem is catching up to me! Not a particularly pleasing thought...anyhow...

1) I am started to get pissed off about news reports where people on Wall Street claim to be unhappy that the Obama administration isn't doing enough to solve the financial crisis. Folks, you caused the crisis in the first place! Stop whining about what others are doing to help you. As Jon Stewart said, you have got to understand the relationship between rescuer and rescuee. The rescuee has to shut up and be thankful for being rescued! So, stop losing money with dumb financial decisions, and stop paying your CEOs obscene salaries for being crap!

2) I've simply got to say my two cents' worth about the attack on the Sri Lankan cricket team in Pakistan. Simply abhorrable, and I wish the world would sit up and take severe action against Pakistan, which has now developed a significant list of terrorist activity in the past few years. Something has to be done and fast, to clean up Pakistan and the world needs to act decisively before more lives are endangered or lost!

3) Chelsea are showing some signs of turning things around under Guus Hiddink in recent weeks. Yay! Although I don't yet see them overtaking Man Utd to the EPL title, Chelsea certainly have the easier run-in till the end so who knows?

4) The Indian cricket team are touring New Zealand at the moment, with a brand new jersey design and colour (click here!). I like this much better than the sky blue outfits of the past two decades! Well done once again, Dhoni! ;-)

5) Amidst all the praise that Slumdog Millionaire has been getting recently, has anyone wondered what it must be like for those poor kids from the slums of Mumbai to go back to their daily lives after about several high profile months? I cannot imagine the difficulties those kids and their families will face with the attention, jealousy and greed that comes with instant fame. Already I've read reports about how the kids are being hunted down for interviews, sponsorship deals, relatives seeking assistance or claiming their share of the limelight. Danny Boyle, I don't think you ever fully considered the effect of casting these kids in your movie, apart from the authenticity they would lend to your film. I pity those kids now, having to fend for themselves now that public interest in them is waning.

1 comment:

robin said...

I love how your switch from terrorism to football so effortlessly!
I hope the wedding planning is going well. Just agree to everything your fiance suggests. It'll save you a lot of trouble in the end!